Blog Archive

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Indian Pueblo Cultural Center

I was able to do a trip to El Paso, TX stopping in Albuquerque to visit the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. My goal was to view the nineteen Pueblo communities side by side and to get a better feel for the art/culture of the various groups. As I entered the Center I noticed the Security staff gathered around their video terminal watching a car break-in on the north side of the Center. I went back to my car, moved it to a visible spot in front of the Center and brought my lap top in to be stored at the Reception desk. Pay attention to security. The facility is well worth the trip. The gift shop exceeds expectations with a wide variety of books available and well selected jewelry and paintings. One thing did strike me as odd was the inclusion of a jointly developed display of the Buffalo Soldiers who served in the Southwest.